Magellium has proven expertise in defenSe and space applications, where its cutting-edge geo-referenced data management methods and tools and efficient image processing systems significantly enhance operational systems where data accuracy and interoperability are crucial:
Magellium is also highly competent in medical image processing and telemedicine systems where access to healthcare is particularly complicated:
• Military engagement
• Peacekeeping operations
• Humanitarian missions
• Natural or industrial disasters
Magellium is currently involved in several programs for the French Defense Procurement Agency, DGA:
• Geoloc: studies which aim to automatically geolocate images and videos from different sensors on a DTM; these studies, led by Magellium as prime contractor, are being conducted in partnership with ONERA (French National Aerospace Research Centre) and IGN (French National Geographic Board)
• 3D Geographical Data Production Workbench: as a sub-contractor of Thales Communication, Magellium is providing advanced image segmentation and correlation algorithms and automatic roof pattern recognition based on a DEM
• PROFIL, a learning system for military intelligence photo-interpreters, combining an education platform with integrated tools implementing all Image Intelligence functions
• TopoBase, as a sub-contractor of EADS DS, Magellium has developed an advanced viewer of ISO 19115/ISO19139 metadata from TopoBase products.
• GEOBASE: a system for automatically converting 3D Reference data (Spot 5) into Geobase Défense data. Magellium has also provided the unified documentation describing format used and their application.
• SOUL, an AESE (Aeronautics, Space and Embedded System) Competitiveness Cluster project, where Magellium is working with Thales Airborne Systems to develop selective compression algorithms with automatic selection of Regions Of Interest for Thales’ UAV System Design Centre, SOUL. Magellium’s SpecRight® Requirement Engineering tool is also used for the functional and technical specification phase of the project.